Dehuroad Cantonment was established in the year Oct 1958 and is spread in a beautifully developed vast area ad-measuring about 9095.6056
acres which comprise Civil areas of 319.734 acres, Army formations and establishments like Central Ordnance Depot, Dehu Ammunition Depot,Dehu Ordnance Depot,
Ordnance Factory, Station Headquarters, CQASV,Military Hospital, Postal Deptt., MES,DEO Agent, Kendriya Vidyalayas, reputed public schools, Army School,
Reputed Private Schools and public markets etc. Dehuroad Cantonment is located near the Railway Station and Bus Stop is conveniently approachable and well
connected with prominent establishments and residential localities of the city. Many Private banks and Nationalised banks like State Bank of India, Bank of
India are also located in Dehuroad Cantonment.
There are many historic / Pilgrimage places like Ghorwadeshwar Temple, Amardevi Temple, Ayyappa Temple , Shri Subramaniya Swamy Temple
is situated on the hill top of Dehuroad Cantonment. Sant Tukaram Maharaj Temple is also situated 7 km away from the Dehuroad Cantonment.
The Sant Tukaram Maharaj is well known all over India. During Aashad Ekadashi lacs of devotees in an around Dehuroad participate in the annual
pilgrimage for reaching Pandarpur on foot.
A historic place knows as Buddha vihar is also situated in Dehuroad Cantonment Board area where an idol of Buddha was installed by Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar. In the year 1954 on 25th December, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar brought an idol of Lord Gautam Budha from Rangoon which was installed by him. Every year on 25th December lakhs of devotees come to Dehuroad Buddha Vihar for praying Lord Gautam Budha and Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar. His historical Buddha vihar is also known as Dhamma Bhoomi.
Also it is known that Dr. Ambedkars's holy asthies have been preserved at this place
The NH-4 and the express High way leading to other States, District Hqrs are passing through this Cantonment and have enhanced the significance of this Station.
Dehuroad Cantonment is growing with many housing societies and beautification of Dehuroad Cantonment is in progress.
Cantonment Boards are statutorily constituted local bodies, comprise elected representatives, ex-officio and nominated members.
The Dehuroad Cantonment is a Class-II Cantonment. The Board consists of seven elected members, 03 nominated members,
03 ex-officio members (Station Commander, Garrison Engineer, SEMO) and one nominated member of the District Magistrate.
An officer from the Indian Defence Estates Service (one of the Central Civil Services) acts as the Cantonment Executive
Officer and the member Secretary of the Cantonment Board. Of the seven elected members 1 is reserved for SC / ST category and 2 for women.
The Station Commander of the Station is the Ex-officio President of the Cantonment Board.